HOW TO CHOOSE A CBD PRODUCT TYPE
1. Determine if you can use trace amounts of THC, less than .3% which is Farm Bill Compliant and federally legal, or if you cannot use any THC.
2. If you are comfortable with a trace, non-intoxicating amount of THC, we recommend our Full Spectrum CBD products. These provide the entourage effect, where all the plant compounds work together in synergy. They are the best selling and reviewed products.
CBD Isolate is what is primarily seen in the industry, and by consumers. This is isolated Cannabidiol (CBD), and does not contain any other plant compounds. These products will lack the entourage effect, but many people prefer to use Isolate CBD and the feedback is positive. These products do not contain any detectable (ND) levels of THC.
Broad Spectrum CBD is considered more beneficial than Isolate CBD because it provides the entourage effect, with the exception of THC. These products do not contain any detectable (ND) levels of THC.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ISOLATE, BROAD SPECTRUM, AND FULL SPECTRUM CBD PRODUCTS?
Isolate CBD (GOOD)
UnCanna Isolate CBD is 99+% pure isolate Cannabidiol (CBD), this is the purest form of CBD available. These products do not contain any other plant compounds, to include THC. The majority of research conducted on CBD involves the use of Isolate Cannabidiol (CBD).
Broad Spectrum CBD (BETTER)
UnCanna Broad Spectrum CBD products contain all of the naturally occurring cannabinoids, flavinoids, vitamins, and minerals that are found in full spectrum products, except broad spectrum CBD products undergo an additional process to remove any detectable levels of THC. Lab testing verifies accuracy on the parts per million (PPM) scale, meaning these products are THC FREE verified by our Certificates of analysis (COAs) on site. All of the plant compounds work together in synergy, a process called the "entourage effect" meaning there is more of a noticeably physical difference when using Broad Spectrum CBD products vs using pure Isolate CBD.
Full Spectrum CBD (BEST)
UnCanna Full Spectrum CBD products are the best in the industry. Our mechanical engineers use state of the art food-grade processing equipment to process our high quality hemp strains into various CBD products. Our process retains all of the naturally occurring plant compounds, to INCLUDE trace levels of THC, and these compounds work together in synergy via the entourage effect. This gives you an immediate, noticeable physical effect but no "high" as the trace levels of THC are non-intoxicating.
WILL I FAIL A URINALYSES WHEN USING YOUR PRODUCTS?
If you are concerned with urinalyses, we highly recommend that you DO NOT USE Full Spectrum products from any company, or purchase products without visible lab tests, regardless of claims. Although Full Spectrum only has trace amounts of THC, the levels can still build up enough to cause a positive or false-positive test result although the trace level of THC does not stay in your system as long as higher levels of THC content in marijuana would.
Our THC Free products have no detectable levels of THC, verified by the COAs on site. The labs use GC/MS and/or HPCL testing procedures to achieve these test results, the same testing procedures that are most commonly used for employment drug screening. If a sample is lab tested, it is going to show what our reports do, which is No Detectable (ND) levels of THC.
We are not legally able to make any recommendations or guarantees with drug tests for THC-Free or Full Spectrum products. If drug testing for THC is a concern, we would recommend doing some further research before making the decision to consume any CBD products.
All Isolate and Broad Spectrum CBD products reflect No Detectable (ND) levels of THC present, verified by our 3rd party lab results on site.
CAN I FAIL A DRUG TEST FOR THC WHEN USING FULL SPECTRUM TOPICAL CBD PRODUCTS?
With topical applications, it is highly unlikely for any amount of THC to be absorbed and metabolized by the body and detected in a drug test UNLESS you are using penetration enhancers, transdermal patches, or there's a higher level of THC than federally permitted in the product.
LAB TESTING | CERTIFICATES OF ANALYSES (COAs)
Our hemp biomass and CBD products are tested for potency, heavy metals, microbials, residual solvents, and pesticides. Although the CBD industry is not yet FDA regulated, we integrated lab testing to ensure the safety, purity, and potency of our products while remaining competitive with corporations in this space. You can find the current potency COAs for each product in the product photos. Check out our Lab Results page for more info.
WHAT DOSE SHOULD I TAKE FOR X CONDITION?
We cannot legally recommend dosing for any conditions due to FDA regulations.
The majority of our customers (180lb+) are taking ~30mg 1-2x daily and have offered positive reviews, with customers (180lb-) taking ~20mg 1-2x daily with positive feedback. This feedback can be found in our reviews on site.
There are many articles online that recommend different dosage requirements for specific ailments or symptoms that you are trying to target. We recommend researching these articles to facilitate an educated decision so that you take the correct amount without wasting your product or taking too little.
Bottom line, everyone processes CBD differently and it takes trials to determine what dose works best for you. Start with a low dose and increase gradually on subsequent doses until desired effects are achieved. This will save you product ie money and help you better determine which products fit your needs.
You may need a little patience to determine the optimal daily dosage to suit your needs. Your body is unique, a dosage that works well for someone else may be too much or too little for you. While there is no danger in taking more CBD than you need, it has been found that more CBD does not necessarily improve your results, and increases your costs.
While CBD manufacturers typically do not suggest dosage information, some sources suggest starting at a low dose, (10-20mg) per day, while assessing your results.
When trying to determine your ideal dosage for your purposes, if you do not experience the results you are looking for after 3-4 hours; you can increase the amount of CBD taken with your next dose. Eventually, you will find the best dose of CBD for your needs.
**FDA Disclaimer on home page and below. This information is for general purposes only.
CAN I TAKE CBD WITH PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS?
As with any supplement, we recommend consulting your physician prior to adding CBD to your daily routine. There are studies that show the implications of using CBD in conjunction with prescription medications, namely increasing or decreasing the efficacy of the medicine, which could be dangerous.
Please view this article for in-depth information.
DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
Select Isolate and Broad Spectrum CBD products (ND THC) are available through our UK partners, HR4K. Please contact them via their social media @HR4K_ or www.hr4k.co.uk and stop by their shops in London, Amesbury, and Hereford.
CAN I CANCEL OR CHANGE MY ORDER?
If you need to request an order cancellation or change, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with "CANCEL or CHANGE ORDER" in the subject line. We try to be as accommodating as possible with order cancellations and corrections, however, we are not able to guarantee your order will be canceled as our turnaround time for getting your package to the mail carrier is quick! In the event that we are too late to cancel an order, we'll request that you ship the unopened product back to us and we will send you an alternative or issue a refund. We strive to satisfy all requests and take care of our customers.
WHAT IS YOUR REFUND AND RETURN POLICY?
You can find our return and refund policy here.
WHAT IS YOUR SHIPPING POLICY?
You can find our shipping policy here.
WHERE DOES CBD STAND WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE (DOD)?
- Recent federal legislation (the 2018 Farm Bill) defines “hemp” as “the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of that plant, including the seeds thereof and all derivatives… with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3% on a dry weight basis.” The same law makes hemp no longer a controlled substance.
- The hemp plant naturally contains the substance delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive substance in marijuana. However, the amount of THC varies widely depending on the varieties (and parts) of the cannabis plant.
- Even though the new law removes low-THC hemp as a controlled substance, the law also recognizes FDA’s authority to determine whether hemp or any of its derivatives are allowed in foods, drugs, and dietary supplements. For more information, please visit FDA’s press releaseand FAQs. Although this new legislation might affect future military policy, the current service policies—as described below—have not yet changed.
- DoD policyas set in DoDI 1010.01 specifically mentions marijuana, “synthetic cannabinoids,” and controlled substances (which include THC), but does not mention hemp per se; test levels for THC are described in DoDI 1010.16. However, each military service has its own policy on the use of hemp products:
- Air Force:AFMAN44-197, section 184.108.40.206, states that “…the knowing ingestion (orally, intravenously, through smoking/vaporization, or through other means) of products containing or products derived from hemp is prohibited… Additionally, the knowing use of hemp products designed to penetrate the skin, including but not limited to transdermal patches, is prohibited.”
- Army:Army Substance Abuse Program, AR600-85, section 4-2p states “this regulation prohibits Soldiers from using Hemp or products containing Hemp oil.”
- Navy and Marine Corps:ALNAV 057/19 states, “Sailors and Marines are prohibited from knowingly using products made or derived from hemp (as defined in 7 U.S.C. 1639o), including cannabidiol (CBD), regardless of the products THC concentration, claimed or actual, and regardless of whether such product may lawfully be bought, sold, and used under the law applicable to civilians.”
- Coast Guard:COMDTINST M1000.10, Chapter 5, section D.1, states that “The Coast Guard does not tolerate the intentional use of illegal drugs, illicit chemical analogues, or prescription drug misuse. This includes ingestion of hemp oil or products made with hemp seed oil; however, does not include food items regulated and approved by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) that contain hemp ingredients.”
- Researchers at the VA San Diego Healthcare System aim to see whether cannabidiol, or CBD—a compound derived from cannabis plants—can help ease PTSD. The study will give CBD as an add-on to prolonged exposure therapy, a proven psychotherapy for PTSD.
- The $1.3 million VA-funded studywill enroll 136 Veterans, from all service eras.
WHERE IS YOUR HEMP SOURCED?
All of our products are derived from NON-GMO and pesticide free, Farm bill compliant local Colorado hemp. It is organically grown under the sun by professionals who have honed their craft by growing within the cannabis industry. Our products start with some of the highest quality hemp on the market, and end as the products you love.
WHAT ARE THE KNOWN AND POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS OF CBD?
Refer to our CBD guide here. After sending customer surveys out over the course of 18 months, the overwhelming majority of our customers reported little to no side effects when using our products, even full spectrum CBD products with trace amounts of THC. The most common side effect reported is an upset stomach, which is believed to be caused by the coconut MCT oil that we use as our carrier oil. None of our customers have reported feeling intoxicated when using our CBD products.
WHAT ARE CURRENT CBD INDUSTRY STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS?
Colorado state example (labeling requirements, testing, thc limit, etc.)
State and federal labeling laws apply to industrial hemp products. These laws and regulations require that all food labels contain:
- An identity statement, which indicates what the product is (not a brand name).
- A net weight statement.
- A list of all ingredients.
- The company name with an address
Additionally, our Industrial Hemp guidance requires that the label also:
- Clearly identifies hemp as an ingredient.
- Clearly identifies CBD and the amount of CBD if added as an isolate.
- Includes the statement “FDA has not evaluated this product for safety or efficacy.”
- Does not contain any health or benefit claims.
Lab Testing Requirement
- Currently, no specific rule(s) or statute(s) exist, which require any of these tests on hemp
- Hemp Products cannot contain more than 0.3% THC
- Any product that fails any of the above tests is considered an adulterated product and cannot be sold and would need to be either reworked to meet requirements or be destroyed. No required testing other than potency exists at this time, but Colorado hemp cannabinoid- based product manufactures, extractors and/or processors are encouraged to test for heavy metals, residual solvents, pesticides, microbial and shelf stability.
HOW DO I USE YOUR PRODUCTS?
The most common method is to take 5-10 drops (10-20mg, with formula that 2500mg is approx. 2mg per drop) sublingual (under the tongue) and wait up to an hour. Increase your dose to reach desired effects. on subsequent servings. Most of our customers find that 30mg 1-2x a day is what they like to use, use the method above and you may find that your "sweet spot" is lower, saving you some money. Other methods of using tinctures include adding your serving size to coffee, water, or other food and beverages.
Our THC-Free CBD Isolate can be used in a variety of ways as it is a very versatile ingredient. The most common method is to add your desired dose to a protein shake, coffee, or other beverage. You can take it sublingual, by holding it under your tongue for one minute and swallowing, or use it in an ingredient in cooking recipes.
Many people forget that our skin is an organ as well, it will absorb compounds effectively. To use our Topical Salve, rub a small amount of salve onto the affected area, wait up to 30 minutes and add more as needed. Our topical salve is not meant to be ingested. Please keep it away from open sores and mucous membranes.
To use our softgels, simply swallow them as you would a fish oil type supplement. Our softgels are pre-measured at 30mg CBD Isolate per dose. Take one a day, or many. That decision is yours. They are travel friendly, and easy to consume. Please keep the bottle away from heat and light, as the softgels can melt together. If this happens due to shipping, or because you left them in your hot vehicle, simply pry them apart carefully or run some water over the cluster until they separate.